Friday, May 18, 2018

Eat, play, spa - Yes, Santa Fe, there is a Virginia.

From 7th to 12th grade, I attended Loretto Academy in Kansas City, run by the spunky Sisters of Loretto. It was a progressive and innovative, all-girls school and I loved the nuns who taught there. (Most of them, anyway.) So, when I learned that my beautifully appointed treatment room at the Spa at Loretto used to be a classroom in the old Loretto School in Santa Fe, I felt right at home.
The room looked just like this. Clawfoot tub, private bathroom with shower, gorgeous old pine floors.
The spa director set me up for a Mindful Massage. "Oh, you have Virginia," the spa receptionist said. "You're going to love her."  I wondered if there really could be too much of a good thing. Four spa treatments in four days? How impressed could I be? An hour later, I was telling Virginia that she was put on the planet to rub people and that it was the best massage I ever had. Some people are simply gifted and Virginia is one of them. Highly recommended.

3 comments:

jp said...

If there was a like button on your posts, I'd use it! Thanks for the photos and sharing your trip with the rest of us!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, JP. It has been my pleasure. Traveling alone can be frustrating when you can't share the experience with a companion. The blog helps!

Joe Root said...

This blog is truly awesome in all aspects. Manual Lymphatic Drainage

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...