Saturday, August 9, 2014

I hereby defer to the SJG

I haven't posted in a while because I'm entertaining the Short Jewish Gal and, well, that's a full-time job. You can see what we've been up to on her blog. It's been a whirlwind of work, play and meals, and I've taken great pleasure in introducing the Hollywood girl to the wonders of Kansas. (I've spent an inordinate amount of time telling her how great the weather is, compared to what it could be.) Today, we head to the big city (as in Kansas City) where we will bunk at my childhood home for a couple of nights and check out the arts scene. Oh, and eat barbecue. That's a must.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I had the best time ever. You are the Hostess with the Mostess. Thankie for big fun! xoxoxo

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...