Monday, November 17, 2014

Crystal Bridges, here we come!

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
It's like I always say, half the fun of a trip is the happy anticipation of it. And, since it's a sad 21 degrees outside, I've decided to start looking forward to our weekend in Bentonville, Arkansas, two weeks early. From all reports, Bentonville is a hip and happenin' town thanks, in large part, to its jewel, the three-years-old-this-month Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art,  located in a holler (yes, a holler) in the Ozark hills.  Read all about it here. Our plan is to stay at the hip and whimsical 21c Hotel because penguins are my favorite.
A candid borrowed from TripAdvisor.
There are, apparently, lots of green penquins standing around the hotel. The staff has fun moving them around to surprise their guests. Yes, it will be December. And, yes, that might not be the prettiest time to visit Arkansas, unless it snows. (Oh, and I hope it does!) But, the way I figure it, winter is penguin season. And I want to see them in their element.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love penguins! I agree that half the joy of a trip is the anticipation and planning - and the change of scenery is always welcomed.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Agreed, Sunshine! I will start anticipating full-force as soon as Thanksgiving is behind me! tnx

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...