Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer tea... makes me feel fine

Perk up your ears, tea-loving friends: This is hot weather refreshment to a tea! (Sorry.)  Doctor it up with a whole lime's worth of fresh juice (sweetener optional), pour it over a mountain of ice, and you've got the thirst quencher to end all. Oh, how I love this Watermelon Lime Zinger! And, I'm not a huge fan of watermelon, either.

My daughter and I toured the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, Colorado, years ago when my son lived there. It was a sensory experience like no other. The Mint Room literally opened our sinuses and made our eyes water. I love most of the Zingers including the original Red Zinger, which I drank in college, the can't-go-wrong Lemon Zinger and all the berry zingers. But, THIS ONE!  Two pinkie fingers way up...and no seeds to spit out!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...