Friday, November 18, 2016

Post-election Productivity Syndrome (PPS)

Well, here it is almost a month since I last posted. Where does the time go? Into pre- and post-election obsession, that's where. I had been so preoccupied with the presidential race, it was all I could do to perform my part-time job and the most basic personal hygiene thanks to the non-stop storylines and spin. I'm a self-confessed news junkie, but it felt less heaven and more hell. Still, I couldn't cut it off.

Then, something happened on Election Night that was nothing short of an ah-ha moment. As I sat there Tuesday evening, clutching a Bota Box of Redvolution (highly recommended) between my legs, I said to myself, "BoomerGirl, you need to go to bed before they call this thing. Your eyes are puffy enough without the ugly cry. Then, get up in the morning, make yourself a pot of coffee and redecorate the freaking family room."

And that's what I did, dammit.

While they marched the streets in New York....
And in my hometown...

I painted...and painted... and painted. I don't have pictures because I was too busy painting. (And, ok, stress-eating. I did a lot of stress-eating.) I love to paint. I don't know why. It's a mystery. Then, I persuaded the hubs to put down a hardwood floor. You know, because he needed to stay busy, too. I felt it.
Nine days later, all we need to do is hang some stuff back on the walls....

Including a mirror I'm staining as we speak....
Not sure if you can stain over red paint but I'm giving it a shot.
and load the rug and furniture back in. Meanwhile, I'm already stressing over what my next project will be... and the one after that....and the one after that.... for the next four years.  My dog is concerned, too.
 
We fear there's not enough paint in the world.  But, at least, while waiting for the revolution, we've got the next best thing.


5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Time well spent, my love. Looks great. xo

Unknown said...

This looks great.. I liked it. Good blog with informative post. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work. I wish you luck :)

Reviews of assignment writing service

hoxn123 said...

of Replica Rolex Watches hand-finishing. Why, on a sports watch? It really goes to the part of what a “performance lab” Watches Replica in the high-end replica watch world might need to be. I think the expectation by many consumers handbag replica is that if Breitling tells the tale of how they took their stock movement and handed it to Designer handbags some exclusive Chronoworks lab in their manufacture, the movement will come out UK Replica watches working better and.

Unknown said...

www0628


jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
hermes belt
giuseppe zanotti outlet
kate spade outlet
air jordan 12
coach outlet store online






te12 said...

La marche air jordan 5 black metallic silver nordique est souvent bénéfique pour le groupe de patients souffrant de maux de adidas zx 700 chaussures dos chroniques, mais chaque sujet a son propre bénéfice individuel: nike air jordan 13 femme vous voyez que la marche vous donne un air jordan nike homme excellent soulagement pour votre arthrite des membres diminuée. Les basket nike air max thea print beige méthodes de conservation approuvées devraient vraiment remarquer les points suivants. Le chaussure nike air max thea homme site Web doit être correctement empilé avec des images basket tn nike de Nike Shox R3-R4, plus ils doivent être soigneusement disposés asics gel lyte v blanche et rouge afin qu'un client ne sera pas compliqué d'acquérir la paire nike air jordan retro 1 femme choisie.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...