Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My mother, myself? Yes, when it comes to aging.

   There’s a saying for husbands-to-be: “If you want to know what your wife will look like when she’s older, look at her mother.” Now, a recent study has found some truth in the old adage.

   Researchers told a recent American Society of Plastic Surgeons conference that mothers and daughters do age in a “consistent pattern of atrophy and regression,” especially around the inner corners of the eye and lower eyelids. This soft tissue loses elasticity and plumpness in exactly the same way.
   Me? I couldn't be happier at this news. My mom looks great (see her below with my son in one of my favorite photos) and her eyes are still bright and sparkling.

   Read more about the study here.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...