Saturday, February 20, 2010

These are (our) kids in America

Anyone who's ever tried to get even a handful of high school kids to work together knows it's worse than herding cats.  That's why this video is so amazing to me.  Yes, it's a hometown school and, OK, my daughter happens to work there but, keep in mind, this is one, loooong take - no edits, no cut-aways.  The coordination and cooperation required to bring that many different kids together is no less than mind-blowing!  I don't know a single one of them, but I couldn't be prouder:

4 comments:

alicel said...

OMG, this is AWESOME! Ought to be on MTV!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7TI-AJi2O8


this one, from Shorewood High in Washington is also cool. They did the entire song backwards. I love this one from Lawrence, too. I like how the picked a pretty old song.

Anonymous said...

This video is so inspiring and fun! Love the song and how it shows school and community spirit. Kudos to the kids and LHS. I'm new to your blog and think it's great. Enjoyable and informational.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Anonymous/Commenter #3. I appreciate it. I put "Kids in America" on my iPod playlist for the treadmill and it's amazing how fast it makes you go!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...