Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Oscar ostracism

 
Why are all these little Oscars snubbing me?  Because I have seen so few new movies this year, I shouldn't even be allowed to watch the Academy Awards tonight.  I did watch "The Informant" with Matt Damon on 'On Demand' last night and enjoyed it tremendously.  (I realize it was 'so last year' but that's how I'm rolling these days.)  So, I vote for "The Hurt Locker" simply because I want a woman director to win although, the truth is, I liked the directing a helluva lot more than the movie.  I'll be rooting for "Precious," sight unseen, and George Clooney in anything because, well, he's George Clooney and always gorgeous in evening wear. 

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

The Oscars love you, they want you to watch. They do. I'm with you on "Hurt Locker." So happy for Bigelow, but the movie left me shrugging, "So?" I'm glad she won, but I wanted "Avatar." And Babs looked so gorgeous, it was the only real high point for me.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Ack! Such a mediocre show, I thought. Some real cringes, like Monique's "Bitter, party of one" acceptance speech and what's up with all the brat pack kids and the lame tribute? And pul-eeeze...show me clips of best acting performances not Oprah. Some of us haven't seen their work. Thank you. End of rant.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...