Friday, March 25, 2011

At least, it's not Motel 6, oui?

Finally, the first and last nights of our trip (in Nice, France) are booked.  "Where are you staying?" you ask. "The Best Western," I reply. "Yes, really."
I have it on good authority from a seasoned traveler that Best Westerns are great choices in Europe since they're usually close to train stations and have good, but not extravagant, accommodations.
I figure, on both nights, we'll just want a comfortable and convenient place to flop, close to restaurants for a memorable meal, and won't care so much about amenities like gym, pool and room service.  Since I couldn't spot any bedbugs in this photo (and, of course, our room will look JUST LIKE IT), I pulled the trigger. But, from now on, I'm calling it the "Hotel Riviera." "Best Western" sounds more like Branson, not Nice.

8 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

JEALOUS. But happy for you. And yet, JEALOUS.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Still working on a way to get you guys onto the cruise ship. There's an opening for a dancer in the night club, but Howie may have to consider a "Gopher" position. I'm practicing my Karaoke numbers.

Marguerite said...

Looks like a solid choice BG. We have not stayed at any Best Westerns, but have noticed them in many nicer parts of Paris. When do you depart? I have forgotten, but know it's soon. How's that travel wardrobe coming along?

Cathy Hamilton said...

We leave on the 19th, well after basketball season which is occupying my time and thoughts lately. The wardrobe is far from figured out. Hoping ten pounds will magically drop off before I'm forced to buy my black capris and skirt. Shoes are nice and broken in, tho!

Marguerite said...

Re the weight: me too. We leave on the 18th! Gotta plan on weather that is changeable and unpredictable. I ordered some black compression trouser socks online today. Am thinking it will help with all the daily walking. Regarding basketball, I will be going to the Final Four on April 4th. Mike's employer providing the $1000 tickets. OMG, if my younger son could take my place it would be a new religious experience for him. Good weekend, BG.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Forget about your son! Let ME take your place. I'll send your son a Bible and we'll call it good! Have fun....

Marguerite said...

lol, lol, lol. :)

Unknown said...

www0628

jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
hermes belt
giuseppe zanotti outlet
kate spade outlet
air jordan 12
coach outlet store online







Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...