Saturday, January 11, 2014

Now, that's a nice rack!

New dish rack from World Market. Note black towel underneath to catch drips. Almost invisible!

Our 2-year-old KitchenAid dishwasher is already on the fritz, spraying little bits of food onto all of our dishes. (I tested this by doing a cycle of pre-cleaned dishes, just to make sure I wasn't insane or the worst dish scrubber alive.) Instead of calling the repairman right away, I procured a wooden dish rack and started washing what few dishes we use by hand. Omigod, people! I'm saving energy and sparing my back muscles from that awkward lower rack lean-over. By-hand washing is just as fast, maybe faster, and the glasses are dry in ten minutes, ready to put away. For the moment, at least, or until we have another party...here's to old school!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...