Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DIY Dressings, Week One

With five kids to manage, my mom never had time to be a gourmet cook. Meals of my childhood included fish sticks, tuna casserole, hamburgers, fried chicken and the occasional Sunday night steak.  Despite the time crunch, Mom never resorted to bottled store-bought salad dressings, instead making her own oil and vinegar blends, Ranch (from the packet) and the family-pleasing Thousand Island.  Maybe that's why I've had a lifelong aversion to bottled dressings, always preferring vinaigrettes I make myself.  In that spirit, I'm endeavoring to make one original DIY dressing per week for this blog (because something has to get me through the winter beside basketball). Tonight's offering....
is baby kale greens (no extras) with a dressing made from....
Il Singolo olive oil from Pasolivo, Orange Muscat champagne vinegar from Trader Joe's and Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Grind mustard, roughly in a 2-1-1 ratio, respectively.  I served it with baked Northwoods trout and whipped cauliflower.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fastidious blog you’ve got here. I’ve ever been seeing you just about many blogs recently.
bubblegum casting reviews

Anonymous said...

Highly vigorous blog, I liked that much. bubblegum casting reviews

Anonymous said...

I desire lots of articles and blogs please upload soon.
new york dui lawyer

Anonymous said...

Mind-boggling job mates, I take pleasure in longing your articles.
queens dwi lawyer

Healthy greens said...

That should be a tasty dressing.

zacharyrizzuto said...

I knew this blog post was existed someplace. Thanks to post such articles. Will unquestionably be using it very soon.Medical Negligence Solicitors

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...