Sunday, July 6, 2014

BoomerGirl Bird Resort: NOW OPEN

All-you-can-eat bird buffet: 6 wild bird feeders and 2 humming bird feeders. Come and get it, birdies!
I decided that if I'm going sit at my breakfast bar working by virtual commute all morning, I'm going to need more to look at as I gaze out the kitchen window. But, at what exactly? All of our wild roses are spent. Now, there's just bunch of prickly green foliage out there. Nice, but hardly entertaining. So, as our last holiday project, the hubs and I traipsed out to the shed and hauled out all of our bird feeders and their respective stands, hit the hardware store for a a few more and gallons of feed. (That's some cheesy yard art from the early 90s you see in the background...because class is in the eyes of the beholder, my friends.)  So far, we've had very few takers, but I know when our winged BFFs get a load of the spread we put out, they'll be tweeting and re-tweeting.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

It's lovely. May the birds come in blood-thirsty flocks and turn your backyard into a Hitchcock movie. (Kidding!) I'm still sad about the festive bird bath we put out, years ago, and never got a bird to take a dip.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I have to take the cow away. It's too distracting. The birds won't go near my bird bath either. What's up with that?

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...