Thursday, July 3, 2014

You gotta have art

I've had more than my fair share of stress in the last couple of weeks. So, I took a drastic step on Monday.  I decided to go "off the grid" for four hours a day. That's four hours when I don't check Facebook, Twitter, my blog or email. (I know. Four hours isn't much but, for a gal whose laptop, iPad and iPhone have become appendages...it's a good baby step.) To fill the time, I'm trying things I've always wanted to do, starting with painting. As you can see, I'm just getting my brushes wet, but it's really very relaxing.
Watercolor and oil pastels. A reproduction of a Louis Copt oil piece hanging in our living room.
A Georgia O'Keefe that I started in acrylics and then stopped. (Note fine mess on far right. I got mad at the irises.)

"Abstract" flowers...which are much less frustrating that real flowers.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...