Thursday, July 31, 2014

Who IS that girl?

I posted the photo composite above on Facebook today in honor of Throwback Thursday (#TBT), one of my favorite FB features. (I love seeing everybody's vintage shots, especially the friends I've only known as adults.) I've been trying to organize all my old photos since January and recently got around to the high school era.  When I saw my yearbook pics from sophomore, junior and senior year, I was struck by the crazy consistency of them: Same hairstyle, same blue and white ensemble, exact same expression. Pretty strange, since I grew up to be a person who changed her look - especially hairstyles - and her mind on a regular and frequent basis. Would the young 'me' have bored the heck out of the 'old' me? Hmmm?

4 comments:

A Fan said...

I recall you shared in the past that you graduated from a private Catholic high school?? Perhaps something to do with the consistent "look"? :-)

Cathy Hamilton said...

Indeed, AF. That had a lot to do with it, uniformity-wise. I chopped all that hair off my freshman year in college and embarked on a long term personal style experiment, which hasn't ended yet. Consistency is looking pretty good, at this point.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I think the senior photo part-in-the-middle signals a change is a-comin'... look out!

chenlina said...

chenlina20170528
mcm outlet
sac louis vuitton
ray ban canada
retro jordans
adidas yeezy
vans shoes
chaussures christian louboutin
converse shoes
louis vuitton outlet
tory burch outlet

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...