Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tea and strawberries

It's currently ten degrees outside, but I have no business complaining. In about 48 hours, I'll be in sunny (I hope) Phoenix, Arizona, having myself a girls' weekend. Still, it's a struggle keeping warm until then. Hot tea helps. Lots of hot tea. But, sometimes, the tea is just too hot. You want to drink it right away but, when you do, you burn your tongue (witness the blister on the tip of mine) which tends to ruin the Zen of the tea experience.  To solve this annoying albeit first world problem, I've come up with a solution. After brewing a cuppa, I drop one extra-large frozen strawberry into the drink. Voila! It quickly chills the beverage down to sipping temperature and provides a lovely natural sweetness, to boot! This is particularly tasty in lemon and mint-flavored teas. You're welcome.

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

How clever. This could be a thing! Here's to warmth, honey. Have fun with the girls.

TARYTERRE said...

CLEVER, indeed. Have fun in Phoenix.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, friends. It was just one of those happy accidents.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...