Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missoni at Target - Score!

By the time I sat down in front of the boob tube last night, it was almost 9. When a "Missoni for Target" spot came on,  I leapt to my feet and screamed, "Is today the 13th?!" It was, of course. The first day of the much-anticipated debut of the Italian designer at Tar-jhay. Quickly, I steered my laptop to Target.com, only to get this ominous message
Argh! The website was all but crashed by Missoni missionaries, each one looking for her own holy grail. Mine was a bowl I've wanted ever since it appeared on Oprah's "O List." A fabulous glass bowl I lusted after for weeks and had visualized on my bar holding lemons and limes for smart cocktails.
By the time I got onto the website, over fifty percent of the Missoni items were OUT OF STOCK. My bowl was nowhere to be found. Finally, I found something that resembled the item I coveted, but it was called a platter and it came with the stand. Confusione!!

The price ($40) was the same, and since it was one of the few items still available, I purchased one for me and one for a young bride I know. This morning, I'm off to the brick-and-mortar store to see what else I can find. I haven't seen a gold rush like this since the Cabbage Patch Kid days.

4 comments:

Suzanne KS said...

After totaling Bambi's mother this am on my way to the cubicle, your post about comfortable shoes and the lastese Italian-wanna-be products from Target lifted my spirits....Target is on my list of therapy locations this weekend

Suzanne KS said...

oops....typs..."latest"

Suzanne KS said...

i mean "typo"...who me, nervous?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Oh no, Suzanne! Bambi's mother?!?! My condolences. I hope your hands have stopped shaking by now.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...