Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Orthaheel = Happy feet

If feet could smile, my dogs would be grinning from pinkie toe to pinkie toe.
When the makers of Orthaheel shoes offered to send me a complimentary review pair from their new fall line, I said - and this is an exact quote - "Land a Goshen. Not another line of old lady shoes!" It was the name. Orthaheel. Not very sexy, is it? ("Hey, baby. Let me kick off these Orthaheels and slip into something more comfortable.") Then, I realized my days of wearing sexy shoes - at least, for any period of time - were over. I had to deal. And, if a company called Orthaheel wanted to send the BoomerGirl a free pair of shoes, the least I could do was give them a test walk. Was I ever glad I did!
First of all, the Mary Jane style is pretty darn cute, as orthotically-correct shoes go. Secondly, the removable "biomechanical" footbed is incredibly comfortable and makes my 55-year-old arches feel bearable at the end of the day. It took a little time to get used to them so I broke them in slowly. But, I highly recommend these shoes. So much, in fact, I plan to actually purchase my second pair myself!

4 comments:

Cathy Hamilton said...

For local readers, I just learned that Brown's Shoe Fit in downtown Lawrence will carry this line starting in January.

Jo Collier said...

I have been wearing orthaheel sandals for a couple of years and they are so comfortable. I wish someone in north Alabama carried them. Any chance of making this happen?

Cathy Hamilton said...

I'll send your request onto my contact at Orthaheel. 'Couldn't hurt!

Spenco Sandals said...

Visit the Spenco Sandals link to get more stylish shoes…

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...