Thursday, November 24, 2011

Savoring Thanksgiving Day traditions

       One of the nice things about my side of the family is that we don't start our Thanksgiving party until the cocktail hour, as opposed to my husband's people who ring the dinner bell promptly at noon. I like having all day to cook, hang out in my jammies and watch TV - Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, Phillie kennel club dog show, football, in that order.
      The other nice things are the cocktails themselves, which come in handy when five women are trying to work in my mom's kitchen, simultaneously.  Wild Turkey, anyone? Cheers!

1 comment:

TARYTERRE said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now it is onto to Christmas and Chanukah.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...