Wednesday, October 10, 2012

37 years later...

Omega KKG Class of '75 reunion, 2012
I've spent the last six years preaching the 'going gray' gospel, and I remain faithful, steadfast and true. I am - 98% of the time, at least - happy with the snow on my rooftop and the decision I made to quit dyeing when I hit 50. But, I must admit, when I saw this shot of myself, surrounded by my sorority sisters at last weekend's extremely fun and exhausting reunion, I said to myself, "Who the hell is that old lady in the back?!" Sigh. At what age, if ever, do we achieve total, 100% comfort with our looks? God, it was fun, though.

5 comments:

Cath Pete said...

As Cindy Joseph would say, your hair is turning silver--not gray--silver is precious.

Lana of MN said...

I visit my hairdresser occasionally so that he can "remind" my hair what color it was in high school, and I have always maintained that I would dye my hair until I went into the nursing home. My grandma did it and my mom, when she passed away at 72, still had very little gray. Am I being super vain or do we all have our little vanities?

Cathy Hamilton said...

CP: Silver, from now on. Lana: We all have our little vanities, it's true. I just wish we could all feel comfortable being our authentic selves as much as possible, at any age. Very sorry about your mom. 72 seems so young to me these days.

Lana of MN said...

I hear you, Cathy. But I see my authentic self as a "true" redhead. Given that my body has given in to gravity and overweightedness, I'm clinging to something I really like about myself. My hair.

Unknown said...

ugg boots
tory burch outlet
air jordan 14
polo ralph lauren outlet
ugg boots
north face outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
ugg australia
cheap nhl jerseys
red bottom shoes
201710.26wengdongdong

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...