Monday, December 31, 2012

Wet and wild in '13!

    I'm sick of the same ol' string of new year's resolutions, randomly numbered and prioritized with no rhyme or reason. So, this year, I've decided my list of best intentions will have a theme: Wet and wild. As in, more moisture and less predictability. (I know. It's not as sexy as it sounds.)
    Moisture first: I resolve to consume more water every day. Eight glasses of H2O at a minimum, supplemented but not replaced by green tea, wine, and the occasional stronger adult beverage, but in doses low enough not to be dehydrating.  I will add humidity to my work and home environment every day via warm air vaporizers. I will take the time to cover my body and face with lotion at least once, if not twice, a day. (I tend to skip this step and it's starting to take its toll. The skin on my lower legs is reptilian.) Finally, I will sweat more, which sounds counterproductive to retaining moisture, but it's not. Sweat detoxifies and softens the skin. The trick is to sweat from vigorous exercise, not sleeping under a down comforter. And, while I'm at it, I'm going to spend more time in hot baths, hot tubs, and my fabulous steam shower I hardly ever use. And then, more lotion.
   As for the wild part, I resolve to be more daring and adventurous. To care even less about what people think and more about devouring the oyster that is my world. To seek surprise, and not be as afraid. To speak more to strangers, wear what I damn well please to the grocery store, and say what I feel when I'm feeling it (which, some would say, isn't really a problem for me.)
   Happy new year, friends. And, may all your resolutions be wet and wild, too!

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Happy New Year, BG! This year, I'm all about the lemon water. That's my only resolution!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. Here is also nice one http://tweakyourbiz.com/marketing/2015/10/22/15-digital-marketing-myths-steering-cmos-wrong-direction/ It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...