Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Go in, community.

Stolen from an old newspaper friend's Facebook post:
Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink, and swore his last oath. To-day, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient short comings considerably shorter than ever. We shall also reflect pleasantly upon how we did the same old thing last year about this time. However, go in, community. New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls, and humbug resolutions, and we wish you to enjoy it with a looseness suited to the greatness of the occasion. 
... Mark Twain, 1863, Virginia City Territorial Enterprise

1 comment:

Benny said...

Also, do you have a suggestion for where I can get one of your replica watches sale repaired in Atlanta, GA USA, because one of the perpetual replica watches sale we ordered from you before has stopped running. The replica watches uk you sent me was not the same as the one in the link you sent me, I wish it was. It is the right model replica watches sale on the bag but not the right watch. You can plainly see from the pictures I sent you that the watch you sent me is rolex replica sale and not a ladies 26mm size but 36mm. This is far to big for my wife and she hates Rose Gold. The watch in the link you sent me is not the same as the one I rolex replica uk. The the watch I received is a 36 mm Rose gold this is not what I ordered. Please email me with your address so I can return it for a rolex replica uk. Sorry that will not be acceptable, the watch is Rose Gold and has a mother of pearl dial which isn't what I ordered. The rolex replica sale sale is a Christmas present for my wife and she will not wear rose gold. The rolex replica needs to be yellow gold and 26mm. It's been 9 days since I replied to your email, is this ever going to be sorted out? I've agreed to your last offer so please let's sort this out, this is dragging on far to long! How do I pay for the watch at 50% discount, please instruct.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...