Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Nielsens called!

Finally! Bud and Peggy Nielsen (that's what I like to call them) invited me to be part of their American TV viewing family. My TV viewing diaries - all four of them - came in the mail and today is the day my TV addiction starts to count for something! (For the record, my spouse wants nothing to do with this experiment.) Oh, I can't wait to record every minute of boob tube viewing: From 40 minutes of GMA in the morning (muted and close-captioned so I can listen to my iPod while limp-jogging on the treadmill) to my wildly eclectic Sunday night routine - Modern Family recorded from Wednesday, Downtown Abbey and Shameless, not necessarily in that order. Throw in "The Chew" at noon, "House Hunters International" whenever I can get it, and assorted college basketball games and the Nielsens are going to put me solidly in the "Multiple Personality - Female over 50" category.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...