Friday, June 21, 2013

New spin on guacamole

This could be the recipe discovery of the summer, if not the whole year: A greener, healthier spin dip - spinach guacamole! How many times do you find yourself with too many avocados and a huge bag of spinach about to go bad? (It happens all the time for me, thanks to over-zealous trips to Costco.) Well, here is a truly delicious solution, compliments of Fast Paleo.  It's also a great way to stretch a couple of expensive avocados into party dip for a crowd  The batch I made above (with a few modifications of the recipe) came close to two cups and only two avocados were sacrificed. With raw spinach, onion and garlic, it had a much more interesting texture and flavor than regular guac. Let the weekend begin!

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Yum. There. I said it.

Cathy Hamilton said...

It's seriously yum. And, it stays green overnight which, as Californians like you are aware, is unheard of for guacamole. I'm dying, I tell you!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...