Saturday, June 29, 2013

Innkeeper: My new retirement plan?

There's no motivation like having overnight company to snap out of the lazy summer doldrums and clean up your act. The house and environs have never been tidier and I'm pulling out all the stops on dinner tonight, too.  It makes me wonder if there might be a future in renting out our upstairs guest room via airbnb....especially now that my leaner-by-30-pounds hubby has stopped snoring (clearing the way for me to return to the marital bed.) With our close proximity to campus and parking lot of a driveway, I'll bet we could make some nice cash from visiting professors and the like.  Or, get ourselves killed by a psycho slasher. There is a downside, I guess. But, fun to think about.....

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Don't do it. Do. Not. Do. It. Or go ahead and do it.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I think I'll do it in moderation. That's always the best plan, right?

Nebraskim said...

happy new life! Envy you.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Kim. I still have 3 more weeks, believe it or not. (Kind of like telling people you're pregnant the day after you miss your period.) But, thanks, just the same.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...