Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The day our giddiness went off the charts.

Why are we smiling like fools?  Because it's 78 degrees outside and we're about to ride our bikes to the hotel on campus for dinner.  On July 2nd, people!  We've had an extraordinary run of moderate weather which has turned everyone in town into what Jackson Browne once called 'happy idiots.'  I LOVE happy idiots. So joyful! So effusive! So.... silly!  While riding our bikes the 7 or 8 blocks to dinner,  the hubs kept yelling, "Omigod, it's just like vacation!" Well, I don't know about that. But, it's sure as heck not like Kansas in July.

3 comments:

Cath Pete said...

Being from Illinois, I hear ya. The weather report on the local news last evening said it was 76 degrees out and last year this time it was 96. Windows open, large window fan blowing in fresh cool air. Love it!

A Fan said...

Ain't life grand? Enjoy. :-)

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Totally adorable in every single conceivable way. I miss my bike.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...