Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Retirement in 4: The countdown continues

Four more days left of employment. The accountant cut my last paycheck yesterday. (Silly gooses! They trust me enough to stick out the week.) As I deposited it in the bank, I felt a pang in my stomach. It's not that my earning power has come to an end. I expect to make more money. But, there was something very final about it. Like the end of a relationship. "That's it," I said to myself, driving away from my regular lane in the drive-up. "That's it. For now."

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Good things a-comin'. Kina hora. You go past that 40-hour lane and transition into a the Free Expressway, baby. Keep on truckin', BG. Keep on keepin' on.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Kina hora poo poo poo! Speaking of the freeway, guess what I get to do on my first free Monday? Take the car in for repair! I'll have to keep on truckin' on my bike.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...