Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Gold watches are overrated, anyway.

My retirement reception was tonight at a downtown pub. The local TV news station showed up. People bought me too many drinks. I received fabulous gifts including a pair of gorgeous earrings from my favorite gallery, lovely flowers, a child-size kick board for my "adult swim" sessions, a beer koozie from the library (which is funny enough) and a certificate of recognition from the Society for the Prevention of Mental Health, circa 1980, which I will hang proudly in my home office. I love my Downtown Lawrence peeps. I'll really miss them. Three days to go. Emotions are mixed.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Oh, honey. I think you've just become an Icon. Congratulations. I'm kvelling over here in Sherman Oaks. I'd like a copy of the certificate for my home office, BTW.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks. I love it when you kvell. It's a roller coaster, I tell ya!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...