Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hot pads be gone!

I'm an accident waiting to happen in the kitchen.  I will cut, burn or otherwise injure myself every time I attempt to cook a meal. My worst trick is trying to lift a lid from a steaming pot on the stove without the benefit of a hot pad or oven mitt.  Thankfully, I saw this on the internet today.
Now, I can stir my sautéed cinnamon apples without scorching my digits!
My God, what a brilliant idea! Just slip three corks through the lid handle and - voila! - no more finger burns. I wish I could remember the source of this genius so I could offer proper attribution. Whatever it was - whoever they were - they have my undying gratitude.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Genius!

GolferGirl said...

Yes, isn't this a great idea? I saw it somewhere a few years ago, and all my lids now have corks in the lid handles. Some people are so creative!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...