Monday, July 13, 2015

Fly fishing lessons @ Devil's Thumb Ranch

    Of the myriad of activities available for the doing at Devil's Thumb, we chose fly fishing lessons today. The hubs and I have been in search of a hobby we might be able to enjoy together as we approach our golden years and, given our vast differences, interest-wise, it was either this or hiking....and my crazy big toe still isn't back to normal.  
     My dad was a fly-fishing enthusiast (albeit more in theory than reality) and I've always wondered if I might take to it like (gulp) a fish to water. The jury is still out, my friends.
Me intently watching our fantastic teacher, Kevin, tying a knot. There is an extraordinary amount of stuff to know about fly fishing to do it well.  Hell, even to do it badly.
When the hubs started casting, Kevin likened him to Brad Pitt's stunt double in "A River Runs Through It." 



My poor fly after a 2-hour beating.


Why is this woman smiling?
After an hour-and-a-half instruction, Kevin cut us loose and I promptly forgot 68% of everything I learned. In the above photo, I am smiling joyfully, even though my line had been stuck for 15 minutes in the knot of my hoodie tied around my waist. I didn't yet understand why I couldn't get any distance in my casting. What an idiot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...




Many people feel, having a community look is a superb selection while troubles involving restoration along with preservation will be deemed. rolex replica happens because if you obtain the tag heuer replica from a community position, possibilities you are capable to get generally there in case you may need these people can be substantial and far probable. breitling replica is not hard gain access to involving that you a similar position wherever you purchased and will also be confident that they'll supply you with assist involving precisely what features transpired for a rolex replica uk in case they have a number of troubles. Don't forget, our nation recognize the belief that perhaps aqua get better at designer watches on-line dealers offers tag heuer replica solutions, whenever they get very good support service.

Unknown said...

new balance專賣店
nb專賣店
new balance经典鞋款
n字鞋

chenlina said...

asics shoes
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags uk
ugg boots
coach factory outlet
kobe bryant shoes
nike basketball shoes
ugg outlet
mbt shoes
replica watches
canada goose
canada goose coat
christian louboutin pas cher
kobe bryant shoes
fitflops uk
jordan concords
christian louboutin sale
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
celine handbags
uggs pas cher
christian louboutin shoes
ugg uk
cartier watches
louis vuitton outlet
christian louboutin shoes
burberry handbags
nhl jerseys
adidas ultra boost
michael kors handbags
uggs outlet
christian louboutin shoes
toms shoes
adidas originals shoes
uggs sale
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton outlet
chenlina20160907

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...