Thursday, November 15, 2012

Best report card ever.

Thanks, in large part, to following the "Wheat Belly" diet (most of) the past 11 months, my lab results were "excellent" across the board today, especially the all-important hemaglobin A1C test which was "the perfect value" of 5.6%, down a whopping .6% since last year's test! All the other numbers, including my cholesterols, were equally stellar.  I passed my bone scan with flying colors and didn't even need a pap smear because those are recommended only every 3 years now. Who knew?!? I feel like I just got straight A's....even in Chemistry. Yay for me! 

4 comments:

Nebraskim said...

Good job. I don't do blood labs ever but the wheat free thing is still working for me.

Cathy Hamilton said...

No blood labs ever, Kim? Why is that?

Nebraskim said...

Hate the needle in the vein thing...I can have injections like shots, but the labs freak me out way too much. Just cannot do it.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Maybe you should take a friend so you both can sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" in a round, out loud, until it's over...like my mother did for me for years. (Her mother came up with the idea.) In fact, I did it with both kids - for shots and labs - and it totally works. You look away and start singing the minute you sit down in the chair. People think you're weird, at first, but sometimes, the lab staff joins in and everybody gets into it. If you never look at what they're doing, and you really concentrate on singing the song correctly (a regular song won't work as well), I swear you never feel the needle. I'm not kidding. I did it for years until I didn't need to anymore. Now, I just look away and hum "Row Your Boat" to myself. True story.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...