Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pillow balk

I spent all afternoon sewing covers for two old pillows (it was slow going; there was piping involved) in order to introduce a little black and white buffalo plaid into a room I thought was too red, even for Christmas. Now, all I can see are those damn black and white pillows. They're screaming at me, as if to say, "you couldn't leave well enough alone!" I think they need to be joined - and partially hidden - by other, non-screaming pillows. (It's true. I really can't leave well enough alone. Story of my life.)

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Screaming pillows!!!! I think they bring a new pop of fun into the room.

Cathy Hamilton said...

They're deafening, I tell you. They won't shut up! Maybe I'll get used to them.

Anonymous said...

I think they look nice.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...