Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1st Annual Sayulita Margarita Contest

Argh! I had a great video from last night, but the Mexican Internet isn't having it.


So, the idea is, you buy a ticket for 18 dollars and get to sample the best efforts of ten local bartenders in a "bottomless" cup while eating delicious snacks and listening to live music with other appreciative locals on a rooftop.
Meanwhile, there are judges giving serious consideration to the margaritas, as there are bragging rights and a good deal of cash involved.





Not to mention a very fancy trophy. In the end, our new friends from the wine bar did not win (that's Luca's "Stargarita" made with star fruit juice in the middle)....


But a good time was had by all, I'm bringing home lots of new recipes, and I'm happy to report I'm no worse for the wear this morning....although a strong cup of java is certainly called for. Buenos dias!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

A Fan said...

O.k. it's 9:30 a.m. here and I want a margarita! LOL Your vaca looks fab! Thanks for sharing. Safe travels.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...