Saturday, March 16, 2013

Montezuma, er, gracias?!?

No sooner had I bragged about escaping the intestinal troubles of my husband on our last night in Mexico, I succumbed to the dreaded "travelers affliction" a day or so after we landed on home soil. There was only one day of real bathroom camping, but the rest of week has been uneasy, at best - little to no appetite and the occasional but fleeting sharp pain in the dead center of my gut. The good news is, I've lost any weight gained on the trip and then some. The bad news is, the jungle-like noises my stomach continues to make at the most inopportune time.  I'm fairly sure I woke the dog this morning without saying a word.

1 comment:

Just One Boomer (Suzanne) said...

I could have written this exact same post -- even the "Oh well, at least I lost some weight" part. Except, I was returning from a visit to -- Hawaii, so I can't blame it on Montezuma. Maybe I unwittingly broke an ancient Hawaiian kapu (taboo).

The last time I felt the wrath of Montezuma was in 1963. http://www.boomeresque.com/mexico-1963/
(Feel free to delete the link if it's uncool).

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...