Friday, March 8, 2013

For medicinal purposes only, mind you.





Last night, as I was readying myself to go out, I slipped on the wet tile of the bathroom step and fell on my patootata (that's Mexican for arse). I'm talking a hard fall, all the way down to the hard floor. (Are you noticing my intentional overuse of the word 'hard'?) I landed on my right hip and somehow managed to involve my right knee and both elbows in the process. Ever the trooper, I immediately swallowed three ibuprofen (don't leave home without it) and went out for the night. There's where the tequila came in. Magical healing properties, that tequila has....especially the two nightcap shots I had from our chef friend Luca's FBB (effing blue bottle). I don't know what it was, but it did the trick. And I feel remarkably fine this morning, too....except for my right kneecap which is clicking like a castanet.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Would you please be careful! I need you in one piece, two at the most. Glad you're okay. P.S. The bathroom is not a slip n' slide.

Bill Lisleman said...

I was browsing around looking for boomer stuff and found your blog. Bathroom offer some of the worst falls. Falls are nice in New England I've heard. Good for you to go out anyway and enjoy the tequila. all the best

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...