Friday, August 30, 2013

Garden of the Gods and, ugh, rafting!!

I just booked the first two nights of our vacation at The Lodge at the Garden of the Gods Club in Colorado Springs , one of my late father's favorite places on earth. He, my mom, his golfing buddies and their wives would spend a week there every summer and come back with gorgeous pictures of this uniquely scenic setting. I can't wait to finally see it! We will not golf, however, as I'll be saving my still-weak rotary cuff for a rafting trip down the Rio Grande gorge in Taos. I have had a lifelong fear of fast water - or going fast on still water - but, apparently, I said "Giddyup!" when the hubs asked if he should book a 4-hour trip. (This was post-happy hour the other night. I was, obviously, too happy.) Here is the video from Los Rios River Runners. It looks like a blast, right?

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...