Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where does the time go?

    I got nostalgic yesterday watching the Parks & Rec kids go on a water-logged hunt for the "golden eggs." They were having such fun until (as is the case with egg hunts), the search took so long, the counselors had to jump in to help the kids find the prizes....which wasn't easy since, by then, the eggs had migrated into the lap lanes, causing all kinds of disproportionate consternation from the adults.
    This weekend is 40th high school reunion when I will reunite with women I've known (many of them, at least) since 7th grade. It's odd. I don't have any qualms about owning my age: 57, for the record. But, has it really been 40 years since graduating high school??!? The math makes sense, but it's still a little hard to take. It all seems to have gone so fast.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I see a pool and I think, "Marco! Polo! Marco! Polo!" A sweet camp memory. Have fun at the reunion. You'll be the only one who made the top 25 gray-haired bloggers list. Make sure you own THAT. xo

A Fan said...

Reunions bring a flood of emotion. Enjoy the weekend BG! My 40th a couple years ago was very nostalgic and bitter sweet. But, fun. Many of us there started in Kindergarten together. I said to a close friend from school days just this summer - Can you believe we have remained friends and in touch for 45 years? We had a serious moment of reflection counting it up! Old friends are the best friends. imho. Have fun!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...