Friday, August 30, 2013

MacBook Meets Smoothie

On Tuesday, I spilled a blueberry protein smoothie on my precious, expensive laptop. On Wednesday, it wouldn't turn on. On Thursday, I learned that the damage was limited to the keyboard (after thinking I might have to replace the whole machine.). Today, I will get it back after forking out $185. I feel like I dodged a sizable bullet. Lesson for the day: Smoothies and laptops don't mix;
Or, grown-ups need sippy cups, too.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Amelia Williams said...

Oh my! Hopefully it was a really good smoothie to well... justify the cost of getting it repaired. :) If something like that happened over here at senior match to my laptop, I don't know what I'd do. I'm definitely happy that you dodged the bullet - there's nothing worse than having to replace something because of ... lack of sippy cups. :)

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Amelia. The laptop is back in the house. All is well, although I am investigating adult-sized sippy cups. They exist. Even sippy-cup wine glasses!

Amelia Williams said...

Sippy cup wine glasses! I was always one of those 'drink from the bottle' sorts of girls - it makes me feel incredibly rebellious. :)

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...