Sunday, August 18, 2013

Soft Surroundings saves the summer

It's been a couple of months since the nice folks at Soft Surroundings offered to send me the item of my choice for review on BoomerGirl.  I had raved about them before and consider them one of the few retailers who really get middle-aged women. (It's not that hard: Keep the tops long, the pants slim and the fabrics high quality.)  I have worn this Goya Gauze Topper (with assorted separates and jewelry) to three weddings, a reunion event, and several nights out on the town... with two more weddings and a trip to Santa Fe coming in September.  The fabric is light enough to keep you cool (even though that hasn't been a problem in the Summer of Perfection 2013) and doesn't wrinkle as badly as linen. My second choice would have been the Timely Boatneck, my next purchase for the transitional months ahead, which features ingenious bra strap holders inside the neck.
And, if I can find that fab scarf, I'm going to buy it, too!

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

You look wonderful in these photos.

A Fan said...

You decided to go blonde. Fab! :-)

Cathy Hamilton said...

Ha. Yes, it's amazing what my daily swimming regimen has done for me, isn't it?!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...