Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 3: iOS7 detour

On the morning of our planned hike through Garden of the Gods park, I made the huge mistake of downloading Apple's new operating system into my iPhone. For the rest of the day,  I fought a low battery and an overwhelming desire to fool around on the damn thing. (My personal slave, Siri, is now a man!) I did manage to take a few shots....
Balancing Rock at Garden of the Gods Park
with some of the filters on the new camera app. And, after our 3-mile trek, we lunched at Trinity Brewing Co., which had delicious food, refreshing beer and an interesting doorway to their barrel room....
Don't ask me which filter I used. I had had a couple beers.
Today, we'll have one last workout in that gorgeous infinity pool, then it's off to Taos, NM to prepare for tomorrow's rafting trip down the Rio Grande. My camera/phone will not be on board.

2 comments:

jp said...

Thank you for the virtual vacation! Love the photos.

Cathy Hamilton said...

It's my pleasure, jp. It's fun to blog as we go along. Then, I have a nice little scrapbook when we get home.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...