Saturday, September 7, 2013

Decision 2013: Giving up the landline...finally!

In order to cut costs - and because my seven weeks at home have made me realize we get way too many annoying sales calls on the house phone -  we are calling it quits on our land line, effective immediately. Today, I created a postcard on Vistaprint to send to the neighbors, family and the hubs' regular clients (because they're the only ones who attempt to reach us that way) and gave everyone our cell numbers and email addresses.
My postcard. Phone numbers/email blurred for obvious reasons.
Once they arrive and are dispatched, we will ditch the phone/answering machine and our "main" phone number forever. It's my digits I'll miss the most. Along with my address, they're the only ones I could remember without straining.

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Mazel tov. I'm so happy for you I could call you collect, but then, you probably wouldn't answer.

A Fan said...

This is frequent debate in our house also, but so far landline remains. My 86 y.o. mother, and an occasional political call or wrong number is the only time it rings. We keep it because of our security system and some other accounts where we are told we have to have a land line. Did you face any of that?

Cathy Hamilton said...

I believe I have my mother trained to call my cell. Our security system - a cocker spaniel named Lucy - won't know the difference. Not sure what other accounts would come into play. Maybe I'd better look into that. The political calls just about did me in last fall. I told my own political party that if they called me one more time, I wouldn't send them any more money...ever.

njlow said...

Great Beat ! I Would Like To Apprentice Even As You Amend Your Site, How Can I Subscribe For A Weblog Website? The Account Helped Me A Acceptable Deal. I Had Been A Little Bit Acquainted Of This Your Broadcast Provided Bright Clear Concept agen bola terbaik

Unknown said...


Thanks For Some Other Informative Website. Where Else May Just I Am Getting That Kind Of Information Written In Such An Ideal Manner? I Have A Project That I'm Simply Now Operating On, And I've Been At The Glance Out For Such Info.
domino online

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...