Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My mantra from this day forward: "Diana Nyad"

Diana Nyad, 64 years old and my new hero.
...which is an abbreviated, chant-worthy way of saying:
1) Never give up.
2) You are never too old to chase your dreams.
3) It looks like a solitary sport, but it takes a team.
Also, a bit of perspective: Diana swam over 100 miles, without flippers (or a shark cage.) I've been swimming/water walking almost daily since July 22.  There are 32 laps (up and back) in a mile.  I typically do a mile-and-a-half, sometimes two.  There are days when I'm so exhausted after getting out of the water, I go home and take a nap. I'm 57. Wow. Wow. Wow.

1 comment:

A Fan said...

59 here, and last Friday I was whining big time after a work out that my legs were sore, my knees hurt, blah, blah, blah. Instead of being grateful for my good health and stamina. Shame on me. Diana Nyad rocks!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...