Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ooh la La Fonda!

Our Deluxe King Room
The La Fonda Santa Fe, located right on the historic Plaza, has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation (completed just this month) since we visited in 2008.  I am getting the official tour tomorrow morning but, so far, I am muy impressed.
Each room features an individually hand-painted headboard, done by local artists.
The rooms are gorgeous and thoughtfully appointed. (There's even a Keurig coffee maker!)
I've always wanted to try one of these!

Bathroom. Note how the door slides on wrought iron tracks.
Clawfoot tub with shower.
Best of all, the management sent over a delicious bottle of Chardonnay (yes, I've already had a glass) and a killer fruit and cheese basket to welcome us.
The perks of travel writing are many, my friends.  Cheers! More later....

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...