Sunday, February 9, 2014

It was 50 years ago today

I remember it like it was last week (which isn't really saying a lot, since the last four weeks have been one snowy blur). We finished dinner early and gathered around the living room TV for Ed Sullivan. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I had not laid eyes on the Beatles before that night. Ed introduced them in that signature Ed way, and there they were. I instantly fell madly in love with George vowing to marry him and have his children, while my mom yelled frantically to my dad who was still in the other room, "TOM! GET IN HERE! YOU HAVE TO SEE THEIR HAIR!!" I was 8. Suddenly feeling very elderly.

1 comment:

Jackie McGuinness said...

I posted about this event today as well. I was 10 and it feels like yesterday to me also.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...