Tuesday, February 18, 2014

They don't write 'em like that anymore

For today's post, I'm going to direct you off of my site and over to my dear friend's blog. As some of you know, the Short Jewish Gal and I go way back. All the way to 1997, but I'm not certain. Long story. Anyway, the SJG recently suffered the loss of her father, a successful Hollywood screenwriter, and is now busy cleaning out his condo.  What she found - and posted on her blog - is probably one of the best letters I've ever read and it totally made my day. Here it is right here. 

2 comments:

A Fan said...

Beautiful! That brightened my day. And we don't write letters anymore. Sad. Will our children be finding heartfelt copies of emails, texts and tweets? Doubtful.
Thanks for sharing this.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Thank you sweet kinsie. Thank you so much! xo

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...