Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day Deux

My inner cave woman's finest hour.
With 14 inches of snow came a lot of manual labor yesterday: chili cooking, fire building, driveway shoveling (which, thanks to continued snowfall through the evening, I will do again today).
Believe or not, that walkway to the front porch has been shoveled once.
I have to admit, I enjoyed every minute of it and fell asleep in my Cuddl Duds last night with a huge sense of accomplishment. Today might be another story. The temperature at 9 a.m. is 3 degrees, and the chili is running low. I do have eggs. Three dozen of them, due to short-term memory failure at the market. But, with the hubs and the daughter home (he still on medical leave; she snowed out of work), my patience will become tested. It might be time to break out the.... (cue: foreboding music - Dun, dun, duuunnnn!) .... Kahlua.  Not really. I meant (dun, dun, duuuuunn) the....
Of course, that penguin duck tape serves a purpose.
knitting basket! My love affair with knitting has always run hot and cold. I was into it BIG time in the 90's and knitted upwards of 3000 scarves because, you see, I obsess and that's all I know how to knit. Thanks to my 80-year-old mother who can only knit scarves herself, I've discovered a variation on the theme: infinity scarves. She makes really short ones (instant gratification) that sit on top of a crew neck sweater or t-shirt like a detachable cowl neck. They're fabulous! So, that's my project today. That, and convincing my dog it's OK to pee outside. And, maybe a liquor run for Kahlua.
"You want me to go where?!?"

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...