Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter sundries

Everyone's a-buzz about the iPad and I'm just getting hip to the smart phone, as today's column explains.

After that Food story I wrote about fancy deviled eggs, I ended up making the traditional kind for this evening's Easter dinner:  one batch with sweet hot mustard and the other with creamy horseradish sauce (both condiments from Hickory Farms).

Hickory Farms provided me with my first "real job" when I was 15.  I lied about my age (said I was 16) in order to cut cheese and Beef Stick in a red gingham check blouse and chambray jumper.  You should have smelled me at the end of a long shift..what was I thinking?  Still, I love those sauces.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...