Monday, October 31, 2011

I never looked well under flourescent lights.

After being mistaken for a battered wife, I ramped up the make-up.
True story: I just walked a block to Kinko's and stopped in a boutique where I sometimes buy clothes. The woman behind the desk looked deeply concerned. "What happened to you?" she asked. "Nothing. It's Halloween. I'm a fright." "Oh, I am so happy to hear that!"  Weird thing was, she was dressed for Halloween, too. I guess when it comes to costumes, more is more.

2 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

That's a very funny story. Terrific makeup. I bet you buy it at Sephora, don't you? You look positively haggard. HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Enjoy.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Hilarity! Time for a va-kay!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...