Saturday, October 1, 2011

Testosterone fest

My son called yesterday afternoon around 4, asking if he could use our house as a pre-wedding "staging area" for his buddies today at noon. ("My apartment is sort of a mess," he said.  Really?!)
Serious discussion about the merits of the Windsor knot.
It's been a rather depressing week with too many thoughts about death, so I was all-too happy to see the now-30-year-olds who used to hang out here in their youth - especially the groom, one of my boy's best friends.
The groom.
I made them all mulligatawny soup and ironed 4 or 5 of their shirts...
while they made cocktails and joked around.
Then, I happily took their picture in front of the fireplace - the traditional prom photo backdrop - and sent them merrily on their way.
I guess this is what you call a "circle of life" moment.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

Aww, love these pics. I had three sons myself. My oldest is about to be 34 next week, my middle son passed away three years ago, but would be 33 now and the baby is 26. Hope all the festivities and wedding were great. The groom looks like a great guy.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Love these photos!!!! Hope it brightened up your crappy week xxx

KJ said...

Oh, sweet! Don't you love it that they wanted to come to your house? Sounds like a perfectly timed lift...

Cathy Hamilton said...

Marg, my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your middle son. That kind of grief is unthinkable to me. KJ, I did love that they wanted to come over, and each one of them thanked me again last night at the wedding (which was, really, the best I'd ever seen). CSS, it definitely brightened up the week. Had enough 'crappy' for a while. Thanks.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...