Saturday, October 1, 2011

Voila! Chopping block island.

This is the antique copper washing machine we pulled out of the attic to serve as a giant ice bucket for a recent party, the one I completely forgot we had because I go to the attic only once a year to fetch Christmas stuff. ('Never been a fan of attics. Thanks, Nancy Drew.)  I loved the patina on it so much, I was reluctant to let it go back upstairs. Luckily, Carpenter Hubs had enough maple leftover from the kitchen remodel to create this nifty top and - presto change-o - we have ourselves a little kitchen island. It seems to be the perfect size as I have yet to stub my toe on it. Maybe I need to visit the attic more often.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

That is fab! I like that it is on casters, too. Your hubs is a good one. Know you will enjoy it.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Carpenter Hubs!!!! Love it.

KJ said...

Love it!

TARYTERRE said...

This is PRICELESS. Just love it.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...