Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wedding celebrity sighting

The bride - wearing Vera Wang - with the celeb
     Mere words can't do justice to the wedding I attended last night, but I'll give it a shot - personal, poignant, hilarious, artistic, musical, produced but not "staged," natural.  The bridge and groom, both New York City transplants, did an outstanding job of creating an evening that was both meaningful to them and extremely entertaining to their guests. I just can't say enough.
   The icing on the cake (besides the frosting on the real cake, which was delicious) was the presence of Manila Luzon, runner-up in Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race, a reality show that I've never seen but...who cares?!? A celebrity is a celebrity.
Manila on the last episode of Drag Race 3
I must admit, I watched the entire final episode this morning and may have found myself a new reality show obsession.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

My brother's favorite show!

Cathy Hamilton said...

I liked a helluva lot more than those sorry "real" housewives, I'll tell you that!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...